Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Review-Double Chocolate Mint Brownies

I found these by accident and finally got to make them today.   I had Sonyea help me.  She's so good at cracking the eggs into a bowl so I can fish out the shells.  I got smart by having her do them into a different bowl after trying to fish shells out of a white cake mix once.  Of course, our favorite part about baking is licking the spoons and the bowls.  You should have seen the chocolate mustache and beard she had. 

After our evening out we finally got around to making the frosting so we could eat it.  I don't know what I did wrong but I mixed the ingredients together for the mint layer and it was not a frosting at all, it was still powdery.  I added about a tablespoon of water and mixed.  It was better, then I added a tablespoon or so of milk and it was perfect.  Oh and I accidentally used a full teaspoon of mint extract instead of 1/2.  Jimmy and I and Zia really really really liked it.  Sonyea didn't much care for the frosting though.  OH and I used a ton of food coloring instead of 3-4 drops.  I like my colors to be vibrant and out there! 

Layered them out and poured on the milk chocolate chips (I didn't buy the minis though) and shared some with the girls.   

No comments:

Post a Comment