Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Review-Lemon Pepper chicken

So it turns out the Lemon Pepper chicken seasoning I had was old and clumpy and I didn't want to use it.  So I made my own.   Cut the chicken up into large chunks and marinaded it in some olive oil (just poured some on), lemon juice from the bottle and sprinkled pepper onto it.  I was afraid it was going to be too much lemon juice and too much pepper.  Jimmy cooked it all up and the girls scarfed it down, ate every last piece.  I thought it was kinda bland.  Tried my hand at some home made dinner rolls and they were kinda bland and heavy so I'm going to try a different recipe.  Pioneer Woman's this time.  Also added some corn and mac-n-cheese.  This dinner was a huge hit with the girls probably because it was simple and not too different.   Here's where I got the idea for this dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment