Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Review-Pineapple Chicken Chow Mein

The original recipe I intended to make is still in my library but I made this last night because I had the ingredients on hand.  I left out the sprouts because I've heard they are usually full of salmonella and I don't want to give that to my kids.  I also didn't have chicken bouillon so I used beef.  When I cooked the chicken, I boiled it so I'd have some broth.  I added that instead of plain water and put the rest in the freezer for another time.  I didn't have cornstarch so I just used flour.  Same difference really, right?  Is soya sauce the same as soy sauce?  I used Soy.  I also cut up some broccoli and youcouldn't even tell it was in there. 

I LOVED IT, had a huge helping for dinner and seconds.  Had a huge helping for lunch today and there's still more for tomorrow.  YUM!!  I put on crunchy noodles and it was even better. 

Sonyea didn't touch it, she seems to be boycotting any pasta that doesn't have red sauce on it.  Zia tried it, had a few bites and that seems to be it.  Not sure why. 

2 comments: