Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Review-Ratatouille

Tonight's dinner was Ratatouille.  I made a bunch of changes though.  I forgot the mustard.  Oops.  It wasn't "soupy" enough for me so I added a beef cube with 4 cups of water.  I didn't want it too "beefy" tasting.  I needed to use or throw out a pound of hamburger so I browned that up and tossed it into the pot. 

I used the entire eggplant because I didn't want to throw half of it out.  I used 2 zucchini because I had to use it or throw it out.  I used a can of petite diced tomatoes because I remember the last time I followed the recipe there wasn't enough for my liking.  When I cooked the zucchini I put in 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar because I had it.  Didn't really add anything to the recipe that I noticed though.

I think this turned out to be more like veggie soup.  Sonyea ate half a bowl without too much trouble and Zia didn't touch it.  (I wonder if it's teeth again? She hardly touched her lunch.)

There's a million and 2 recipes on the web for ratatouille.  Go find one that works for you and your family and try it.  I picked this one because it's so super easy.  You can't taste the difference between the zucchini and the eggplant.  I will make this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment